Tuesday, April 12, 2011


Hello again!

Today I will write about my musical preferences, and give you some facts to rejoice those days when they feel sad. I actually like to hear a little of everything, but what I like to hear is folk and Latin rhythms. Also I love the Chilean rock and some troubadours, but when I`m sad I always listen to cheerful music. A few years ago I do African dance, so I've met a lot of music that mixes Latin American folklore with African rhythms. This music is very lively!

A good representative of these rhythms is Toto la Momposina. She`s a Colombian singer who mixes musical instruments such as bagpipes and yembe. I totally recommend you!

In Chile there is also very good musicians in this style: La Máquina de Candela is a group that plays Colombian cumbia with an African base. This is very funny!. Also, is Africandina. This is a group that can be drawn from sadness to anyone! I love listening them for to forget I'm sad, but I like more to see their shows. They mixed Andean instruments such as the flute and panpipes with different types of drums. But the most beautiful are the colors and energy of dance.

I hope you can meet some of these groups! With this music, there is no reason to be sad!

Bye!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Larin :)
    I don't know those groups, but I think that I would like them
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. African rithms will only make your gastritis worse.

    Sincerely, the baroque ostrich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your recommendations, I'll look for those groups, and about your African dance classes congrats!!! I think you could show something of what you've learnt in one class...well done!!

    ReplyDelete