Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hello again!


Today I will talk about a delicious topic: The food, my favourite food. I must admit that I don’t have an only favourite dish, but there is a kind of plateful that I love! They are the stews and soups. I love the almost all the traditional foods such as beans (and pomegranate beans too), lentils, carbonada, and other dish which are prepared in the north of our country, such as patasca and ají de calabaza. In general I love the food that containing many vegetables, soup and seasoning. The patasca is a soup that is prepared in high Andean areas of Perú and Bolivia. Its name comes from the Quechua: phatasqa, which means burst or broken. Originally it prepares with pork or beef meat, but I don’t eat any kind of meat. The last year to taste a patasca dish made with soy meat! Was the perfect combination: potatoes, sweet red pepper, corn, soy meat, onion, other vegetables and many seasoning!. Clearly that is not to repeat the dish! Rather it`s better to take a nap after it.

I love cook, but this food I have never prepared. First I have to get me the essential ingredients and this is more difficult to achieve. The corn that used in the patasca have large grains, fresh and clearer that we know tradicionally in Chile. Moreover, it`s better to use the rocoto instead of other chili. Have to be brave for this! The rocoto is the chili most hot spices than I know.
I hope you can try this delicious dish!

See you the next class!

Regards!

5 comments:

  1. I remember a night at Titicaca lake, it was so cold and the rain didn't stopped... I was at a native's home, and they gave us the best maize soup ever!! :D

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should prepare patasca and invite me to taste it because I like exotic food!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is delicious. I tasted it in Lasana. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last saturday I dined Patasca in Chiu Chiu. Besides, Raquel prepared us Salteña. The best combination, but... as always, "la patasca cayó como patasca en la guatasca" hahaha sorry, I remembered to Camilo.


    Kisses, see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete